Monday, March 15, 2010

1st 10k

So my News Years goal was to jog everyday and I have been really good at keeping that goal, so I decieded to see how I would do if I signed up for a 10k. My cousin Ashley and I signed up for our first 10k, to be more clear we signed up for our first race ever. We ran Kiwanis/Litchfield Park 10K, 5K, 1 Mile Run on March 6th, I was really nervous cause I did not want to come in last place and I wanted to at least finish the whole run without walking.

Just after I signed in, and of course I get the #1 and I guess its like lucky if you get number #1 so a lot of the runners were making it a big deal, so that was kinda embrassing.

And the race is about to start, you can tell I am little nervous:)


And we did it, There was about 200 runner and I was 122 place so I didnt come in last and I finished the whole thing without walking, it was such a great experience and Im planning on running a lot more races, I got David to run the Pats run with me on April 17th so that will be fun! But Ash and I had alot of fun and we had al ot of support there to cheer us on :)

3 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Ok youre awesome, I want to do something like this. To get ready for it were you literally running every day and on average how far?

Dave,katie,Courtney and Colton said...

Awesome!! The first picture of you looks just like Tannon.

Andrea said...

What a cool experience. Janae, my mom and Merrill are doing Pat's run in April. Good luck!