Wednesday, March 24, 2010

St Patricks Day

So I was super excited for St. Patricks Day, one of the blog I love to look at she does this tradition with her kids where they get a pot of gold treasure and they set a trap the night before St Patricks Day to catch the Leprechaun, but the Leprechaun always escapes with the treasure and leaves little foot prints to where he hid it, so I was excited to start doing this with Tannon. So the night before I explained to her about the pot of gold and the Leprechaun and how we wanted to see if we could catch him, so she decided to put the gold in a tall hamper basket in the wash room, so thats what we did.







And so the next morning she woke up and was excited but nervous to look to see if we caught him and of course we didn't but she saw the footprints and went on her hunt.







He was pretty sneaky and hid it underneath the pool table and he was super nice cause he added some green treasures with our gold ones we put out for him.



She isn't showing much excitement but she was excited, she was just still trying to wake up, my kids are not morning people.





Sharing with Barrett





And for our green breakfast, green clover pancakes, green eggs and green milk.









And my pretty St. Patricks Day girl.





I made some sour cream softies to pass out to people for St. Patricks Day.



And I made a green lunch and we went down to Davids work and had lunch with him.




Then for Dinner we had our Green Green Salad and then we grilled up some hamburgers.



I love fun little holidays like this, its so much fun for the kids too if you make fun and interesting for them, I think thats why I like it because they have fun with it, plus my mom did stuff like this for us and I loved it!

5 comments:

Marisa said...

What a fun day! Love the green food. COngrats on your first 10k, it looks like a blast. Hopefully we can see you guys soon!

DT Young Family said...

What a great idea! I need to start some fun St. Patrick's Day traditions.

Andrea said...

What a neat tradition!

Pallets and Pearls said...

What a fun St. Patrick's day! I saw your post on my blog...we go to Hubbard Swim School at the 202 and Dobson. We love it there.

The Price Family said...

You are such a fun mom! You always make sure your kids have rockin holidays! Good memory makers.