Monday, August 4, 2008

Camping

So every summer my family goes on a camping trip together normally its a week long but we just decided to do a weekend thing this year. So we left Thursday afternoon and came home Sunday afternoon, Sorry for the major picture overload but I couldn't decide on just a few pictures.

Tannon had to bring her baby Ali and her stroller.

This was on our way to the Fish Hatchery, Tannon rode in the back of the truck with Jessica and she had a blast. The two pictures below are at the Fish Hatchery, I have never seen so many fish before and man there were some huge fish too.



On the way back we stopped at the creek to play in the water, Oh my gosh the water was freezing, but it didn't seem to bother Tannon much, she loved playing in the water.









After a long day on Friday with no naps, I was holding Tannon and she just passed out cold, poor girl.


Tannon chilling on the car waiting for dinner to be done, she was eating Taffy and that makes a horrible mess when your camping.


David and I hanging out by the fire, that is one of my favorite parts about camping when you get to relax and talk by the fire.


My parents brought a TV with a DVD player and the kids would watch movies in the car at night, while the adults talked around the fire and played games, thats another one of my favorite things to do while I am camping, playing games.

The boys talking around the fire.

On Saturday David, Tannon and I took a walk to the creek again to get some excerise cause seriously when you are camping you snack so much. I felt like I gained 10lbs the first day. So it was nice to go on a walk.


Us at the Creek!



On the way back David found a tree that fell, he decided to cross it with Tannon, and I was freaking out until they made it across safe.




When we got back we loaded up to go quading and to shoot the bows. And Tannon could not wait to ride the quad.




So the boys shot the bows and they were competing on who was better then the girls had a competion ourselves but didn't shoot as far as the boys, My Aunt and I tied but when we had our tie breaker she won.



By our campground there was a tree swing, so we all went down to try it out, Tannon freaked out and she wouldn't even sit on the stick. As you can see in the picture below she is freaking out.


Theres me it took me awhile to trust the swing to hold me, but I did it.

David and Tannon riding the quads one last time before they get loaded up.

This was Sunday when we were packing up to head home and Tannon was ready to go.


Well we are home and it was so nice to sleep in our own beds last night, take a shower and just be home, dont get me wrong we had a blast camping but it was just time to be home. Oh and to make coming home even better I had a package waiting for me at the door and guess what was in it my book "Breaking Dawn" So far the book is awesome.

2 comments:

Natalie Francis said...

I love all of the pictures! I absolutely love camping, thanks for reminding me. Looks like you had a great time.

{love, mj.} said...

How fun! I love camping! We should all go camping together before summer is over!!